Saturday, January 12, 2008

The HUGE fighting spirit of a tiny worm

Yesterday when I was waiting to cross the road, I noticed a tiny beautiful bright green worm was hanging in the air down from the tree. You told me to pick it up and put it onto a safe place so that it will not be stepped by someone. I did. The little worm immediately crawled onto my hand. I slowly let it crawl safely back onto the stem of the tree. It is full of energy, moving so lively and quickly.

Today it was raining so heavily. I started to think of little worm. Wondered if it is safe out there. You told me that it is saved by me because of it's tough spirit, fighting so hard to hang on so that one day, it will become a butterfly and it will be free. Or if it is not, maybe it will be drowned in the rain or eaten by birds. That means it will reincarnate and in heaven now. What matter most is I saved him yesterday and that's a good deed.

Little worm has thought me a lesson, a tiny life that is full of energy to achieve his dream, never giving up even though it is risking its life out there. He does not have the luxury to choose if he likes it or not. He chooses to move on step by step till he reaches his goal. Yet we human always grumble and complain about our life, our job, our relationship, about things that we could not get but never even try hard enough to achieve. We may be huge, but we tend to have a mind and heart that is smaller than this worm.

I want to live the spririt of little worm, to be tougher in life, to be happy and live life to the fullest. Treasure every moment in life. Hope you do.

No comments: